Yesterday was the first full day of Spring and these cookies just make me think of spring because of their pretty color and refreshing taste. They are super easy because they are from a cake mix. It is hard to eat just one! They almost have a cake like consistency when they are baked but they are so soft and moist.
Lemon Ricotta Cake Mix Cookies
Print Recipe HERE
You will need:
1/2 Stick Butter Melted (I use Margarine)
1 Cup Ricotta Cheese (Not Non Fat)
1 Large Egg
1 tsp Lemon or Vanilla Extract
Zest of 1 Lemon
(I didn't have lemons so I used a tablespoon of lemon juice)
1 Box of Lemon Cake Mix
1. Gather up your ingredients
2. With a mixer, mix butter and ricotta cheese in a bowl until fluffy. Add egg, lemon extract and zest of lemon and beat until combined. Stir in cake mix until combined. *It is a very think batter
3. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a parchment or Silpat lined baking sheet
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes
5. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for about 3-5 minutes then remove to a wire cooling rack.
6. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and ENJOY!
Linking Up Here: