I remember my mom making Creamed Eggs when we were kids and I just loved it when she did. I make it periodically and when I do my son and I gobble it up. It's such an easy recipe but one I don't make often. I think you will really enjoy it if you haven't had it before.
You will need:
8 to 12 hard boiled eggs chopped
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons All purpose flour
2 Cups milk
salt and pepper to taste
Print Recipe HERE
• Boil your eggs for desired amount of time. Cool, peal, and chop. Set aside.
• Melt butter in saucepan
• You will need your butter, flour and milk ready
• Add flour to melted butter
• Stir flour into butter until it gets "clumpy"
• Slowly add the milk and stir constantly
• Whisk the butter and flour mixture until it starts to thicken
• Have chopped hard boiled eggs ready to go
• Add chopped eggs to white sauce
• Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
You may want to add more milk to thin down the sauce if it's too thick.
• Make your toast and spread a little butter on it if desired
• Top with creamed egg mixture and add some pepper to "dress" it up
Linking up here: