One of my favorite things about Summer is the Strawberries.
I L♥ve them!
There are so many amazing recipes using this great summer fruit and
I decided since I've been making all kinds of yummy things with berries I'd dedicate a week to
Spectacular Strawberry Recipes.
Homemade Strawberry Shortcakes
Print Recipe HERE
You will need:
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 Pinches of Salt
½ Cup Milk
⅓ Cup Sugar
1 Stick Butter, softened
4 teaspoons Baking Powder
• Gather ingredients
• Mix ingredients together with electric mixer
• Dough will be sort of sticky and thick
• Drop by large spoonfuls onto a Silpat or Parchment Paper lined cookie sheet
• Bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees
• Cool completely on a wire rack
• Place a cooled shortcake in a bowl
• Add thickened berries over it
• Add Milk, Ice Cream or Cool Whip
To get an amazing Strawberry "Sauce":
Clean berries, cut into slices and put in a bowl without straining any water off of them after you've cleaned them. Add Powdered Sugar to your desired taste and mix well. Put in the fridge and it will bring out the natural juices of the berries and the powdered sugar thickens the juices to form a "sauce". So Yummy when you are going to top something with berries.