I am a new fan of Tasty Kitchen, are you? I have found so many amazing recipes through this site and this one sure didn't disappoint. It was amazing! After a couple days of storing it the bars got a little soggy so I started using it as a cobbler over ice cream and that was just as delicious! These would make a fantastic dessert or breakfast bar at a special occasion. It serves quite a few people so it's great to make for a get together.
• • • • • • • • • •
Day Three: Strawberry White Chocolate Streusel Bars
Print recipe HERE
• Gather your ingredients and recipe
• Whisk together the oats, flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda and salt
• Add your small butter pieces (make sure it's cold butter)
• Start cutting the butter in with a pastry blender
** I'm pretty sure this is what my arms now look like after
cutting in that butter--it's no small task!
• Reserve 1 Cup of the oatmeal mixture for later. Pour mixture into the bottom of a cookie sheet
• Press mixture firmly into cookie sheet and bake
• White oatmeal crust is baking warm your jelly and add the lemon zest
• Pull baked crust out of oven
• Chop strawberries
• Spread jelly mixture over warm crust
• Add chopped strawberries to the crust
• Cover the top with the reserved oatmeal mixture and bake
Once the streusel bars are out of the over melt white chocolate and drizzle over the entire dessert. Serve and of course enjoy all the amazing compliments you are going to get!