I love making jewelry as a gift but I always want a cute way to display it so when I started making my button necklaces I wanted to come up with a really cute way to present them. I decided to use some of the many paint chips I have laying around and everyone that received them this way loved them. I thought I'd share the idea since this is Paint Chip Project week. I know not everyone likes making jewelry but you could easily do this with a store bought necklace and earrings. Your recipient will love it for sure!
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
• Gather your supplies--Jewelry, Paint Chip, Razor Blade or Scissors, Cellophane Bag, Ribbon
• Place the necklace where you want it on the card
• Using your razor blade slice a small slit in the card on both sides
• Insert your necklace chain into the slits on both sides of card.
Adjust the placement of your necklace by pulling more of the chain to the back.
I use a small piece of washi tape on the back to secure the chain from slipping.
• For the earrings you can make an indentation on the card where you want them placed. Using just the very tip of the razor blade punch a small hole in the paint chip.
• Put earrings through and secure them with the back of the earring
• Slip the set into a cellophane bag
• Tie a pretty ribbon or twine around the bag and fluff up the top to make a pretty gift.
A Great Gift
Pinching Penny Party