Years ago my husband and I were visiting my grandparents at their home in Florida and my grandmother made this recipe for breakfast. It was so good that it's been a staple in our family ever since. It's such a simple way to make french toast with a nice twist. Sure to please!
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
You will need:
Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal
• Gather your ingredients
• Crunch up your cereal in a food processor
*(no measurements just as much as you need)
• Pour your cereal into a flat dish so it makes it very easy to coat the bread
• Mix up your pancake mix, but make it runnier than you would make it for pancakes
• Coat your bread in pancake batter then "bread" it with the crushed cereal
• Place coated bread into a slightly oiled pan. I use a small dallop of Crisco for my pan. Cook until lightly browned on both sides.
• Serve with butter and warm syrup! Yummy