I'm so excited to be guest posting this project over at Snowcones and Lollipops! I love this blog so I was super excited when I was asked to share a post here. I hope you will stop over and check her out.
I wanted to redo my dining room table with a Halloween "Glam" Centerpiece so I decided to make a couple Halloween Topiaries. I love the dollar bins at Target so I hit those up a couple weeks ago and grabbed the damask "baskets" and then a couple bath sponges that were trimmed in green. I added a green glittered skull and some black and deep purple tea lights with black and white ribbon wrapped around them and a piece of burlap. Perfect and easy.
I loved making my Valentine's Day Topiary from a bath sponge so when I saw these in black I knew what I was going to make for sure.
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
• Gather up your supplies
You will need:
• Cut the dowel rods to the height you want them and then paint them
• Cut the foam block to fit your container
• Dab Mod Podge on the spiders where you want the glitter to stick
• Pour glitter over spiders and let dry
• Glue the foam block into the bottom of your container
• Stick the painted dowel rod into the foam block then cover with basket filler
• Use hot glue to attach the bath sponge to the dowel rod
• Glue the glittered spider in place
• Attach an embellishment to the front of the basket if you wish
• Add ribbon to the dowel rod pushing it up tight against the sponge
• You are set now with the topiary
• Gather up some tea lights in the colors you want
• Cut the ribbon to wrap around the tea lights. Attach by using just a small amount of glue to the ends of the ribbon
• This is always an easy way to dress up tea lights for parties.
I cut a piece of burlap and laid it out on the table and then added my topiaries, glittered skull and candles and now I have a pretty Halloween Table.
I can't wait to make a version of this for Christmas!