I love dressing up an outfit with a scarf. I also love creating things so when I started seeing these "rope" scarves in stores and online I decided it was time to make one of my own. So simple and so cheap! I went through some old t-shirts and found some colors I liked and started cutting them up. It just so happens that the one I decided to photograph is orange so the finished product looks like I have an industrial extension cord wrapped around my neck but in person it doesn't really look that way.
I hope you make one of these because it's lots of fun. I also like mixing it up by using different color "ropes" for a unique multicolored scarf.
You will need:
Old or New T-shirt in the color of your choice.
**I used an XL so my "ropes" would be long enough to wrap around my neck.
• Lay out your t-shirt on your work space. Make sure it's flat and smooth.
• Start cutting 1 to 1.5 inch wide strips all the way up to the underarm of the shirt.
• You can see about how wide my strips are.
• This works best with a t-shirt that has no side seams. You will have a large pile of "ropes"
• Take the strips of fabric and stretch them as far as you can to let them "roll" up. I stood up and wrapped one end around my foot and pulled up until they stretched the maximum amount.
• Use all the "Ropes" as a scarf to dress up any outfit.
Fun and Simple to make!
See, it looks just like an extension cord doesn't it?