I have seen a lot of recipes recently for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies but this one has a little bit of a different twist with the Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting. Wow, are they amazing!
I made a batch with the frosting and one without and they were delicious either way. I think it depends on the amount of sweetness you want.
Print Recipe HERE
You will need:
4 C. Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Allspice
2 tsp. Nutmeg
1 tsp. Salt
2 C. Margarine
2 C. Sugar
2 Eggs, beaten
2 Tbl. Vanilla Extract
15 ounce can of Pumpkin
2 C. Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
3-1 ounce Semi Sweet Chocolate Squares
3 ounces softened Cream Cheese
½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 ¼ C. Powdered Sugar
Coffee or Half and Half to thin frosting
• Gather ingredients
• Beat butter and sugar together until creamy.
• Add vanilla, eggs and pumpkin and combine well. Then add flour and spice mixture to the pumpkin batter.
• Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased or parchment paper lined baking sheet
• Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes then cool completely
• For frosting melt 3 squares of semi sweet chocolate
• Add chocolate to the cream cheese and vanilla and mix well
• Add powdered sugar until well combined then add coffee or half and half to thin frosting
• I added about 1 to 2 tablespoons of coffee to the frosting to get the right thickness
• Frost cookies and then enjoy!
These were so good! They can definitely be served with or without the frosting.
I hope you enjoy the recipe