Cookie Time Tuesday is BACK! I know I'm excited to be posting cookie recipes again so I hope you are excited to see them again. I wanted to find a really good cookie recipe so my first Cookie Time Tuesday after a month of not blogging didn't disappoint and this one is sure to please, I have no doubt!
This recipe is for a to die for Skillet Cookie--first time making a skillet cookie but not going to be my last. I found this recipe from www.sophistimom.com but did make a few changes.
• • • • • • •
Print Recipe HERE
You will need:
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon kosher or table salt
1 cup chocolate chunks (I used dark and milk combined)
Toffee Chips (optional)
Chopped Pecans (optional)
Vanilla Ice Cream
• Gather ingredients
• Chop Hershey bars in a food chopper until chunky or use store bought chocolate chunks.
• Melt butter in a cast iron skillet
• After butter is melted add sugars and vanilla and remove from heat and mix well
• Crack one egg over the semi cooled sugar mixture and blend well
• Add dry ingredients to the mixture and combine well
• The dough should be smooth before you add the chocolate
• Combine chocolate (I used dark and milk)
• Combine well then top with pecan pieces and toffee bits
(these are optional but make it extra delicious)
• Bake for 15 to 20 minutes on 350 degrees
**I may or may not have taken a bite the minute it came out of the oven,
but can you really blame me? Look how delicious that looks!!
• Serve with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream