It's hard to believe that summer is soon coming to an end but while it is still hot and steamy this is a fantastic dessert to use up the great summer peaches! This pie is from my grandmother and it's so simple to make! She calls it Crumbly Peach Pie but after making it I changed that up a bit and named it "Impossibly Easy Peach Pie" because for years when she makes it I always assumed it was a difficult one to make--nope! So easy and I am guaranteeing you will enjoy the final product.
You will need:
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
¾ Cup Crisco
1 tsp. Salt
3T. Ice Water
1 Cup Sugar
½ Cup Flour
⅛ tsp. Nutmeg
1/2 Cup Cold Butter
3 to 4 Large Peaches
• Gather your ingredients for the pie crust and the peach pie
• Prepare pie crust by cutting the Crisco into the salt and flour mixture then add ice water and form into a large dough ball. Place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes before rolling it out
• Place your dough onto a pastry cloth or floured surface and roll out to fit a 9 inch pie plate
• Place rolled dough into a pie plate and flute the edges. Weight the crust with pie weights or forks and bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove to cool before filling
• Combine the sugar, flour and nutmeg together in a large bowl
• Cut cold butter into the flour mixture until you have blended it well and you have "crumbs"
• Peel and slice peaches in half
• Cover the entire crust with crumbs, reserving some for the topping
• Place peaches cut side down on top of the crumbs then use the remaining crumbs to top the rest of the peaches. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water and bake as printable recipe instructs
• • • Divine!
• • • Easy as pie!
• • • Delicious!