I'm so excited to have another wonderful guest blogger today for Cookie Time Tuesday....Ashton from Something Swanky was nice enough to share a to die for recipe with us! I know these cookies are going on my must make list asap! Yummy in the tummy for sure...
• • •
Hi there! Ashton, from Something Swanky here :) I spend my days chasing around a 2 year old, watching a lot of Blues Clues, and baking and blogging up a storm!
I'm super excited Lindy asked me to be a guest here on Itsy Bitsy Paper! This has to be the cutest blog ever, right?!
Lindy asked me to share a cookie recipe, which is only completely perfect, because-- I big time puffy heart cookies!!! Don't believe me? Check out my recipe index. The cookies pretty much dominate.
Truth be told, I'm more than happy to sit around with a warm, chewy, plain ol' chocolate chip cookie. But, when you're a dessert blogger, the audience demands a little bit more than chocolate chip cookies.
It's been difficult, I tell ya. Having to bake dozens upon dozens of rich, chewy, decadent cookies. It's a hard life. Especially that freshly-baked-cookie aroma wafting through the house... I mean, geez, who wants that around all the time???
Of course I'm kidding! I have the coolest job in the world :) For reals.
Anyway. I'm pretty in love with all things cookies & cream (recent evidence). And all things cake mix.
I hope you LOVE these cookies as much as I did!
Cookies and Cream Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 Devil's Food Cake mix
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 dozen Cookies and Cream Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
- 1 cup white chocolate, melted for drizzling
- 1-2 cups crushed Oreo Cookies for topping
1. Beat together the cake mix, oil, and eggs in a stand mixer until a smooth dough forms.
2. Scoop out 1 tbsp. at a time, pressing flat in palms. Place a Hershey Kiss in the center, and wrap the dough around the kiss.
3. Place cookie dough balls on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350º for 10-12 minutes, until edges are set.
4. Let cool on baking sheet (the cookies will be especially soft since the center is filled with ooey-gooey chocolate!).
5. Drizzle with white chocolate and top with oreo crumbles!
• • •
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR GREAT RECIPE, Ashton!