I think most people are on a lifetime quest to find the perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe...or maybe it's just me! I think I may have found one that is going to be a keeper in our house. I have a great Chocolate Chip Recipe that I make often but this new one may take the cake.
I have seen quite a few posts on Pinterest for a Secret Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookie but I just hadn't made them because I wasn't convinced. I decided to give it a try over the weekend when my son was whining that I never make "normal" cookies anymore. Apparently "normal" means Chocolate Chip so I decided to give these a try and they were amazing. I made one batch and within minutes of them coming out of the oven my husband and son were all over them so I whipped up a second batch so my son could take them to lunch at school.
Are you dying to know the Secret Ingredient? Drum Roll please....CORNSTARCH! Yep, that's it! These cookies puffed up so pretty and are soft but chewy. They are worth making in my opinion. I hope you will give them a try and see what you think.
You will need:
3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. chocolate chips
• • •
• Gather your ingredients
• Cream butter and sugars together
• Add in your egg and vanilla and blend well
• Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and combine well
• Add your chocolate chips and mix them in
• Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet
• Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Recipe says to bake NO more than 10 minutes. I found that mine were done in 9 minutes. Now, try not to eat them all at once.