I have a million cookbooks that I barely ever look at thanks to Pinterest and blogland but when I opened the cabinet hoping for some inspiration in one of those cookbooks I saw the yellow Bisquick Cookbook and immediately it made me think of Plain Chicken's blog post for the Bisquick Cookies.
I looked at the dessert section and saw just how simple the chocolate chip cookie was when made with Bisquick so I figured it was the perfect time to make them and use my new holiday chocolate chips. They were very addictive! Soft but still chewy and even a little crunchy on the edges. These will for sure be made again in our house because they turned out really well and no one seems to be able to resist grabbing one when they walk by the cookie jar (ok, that might just be me...just saying).
• • •
You will need:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 3/4 cups Bisquick baking mix
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (*I used holiday chocolate chips)
1/2 cup nuts, chopped, if desired (optional)
• Gather your ingredients
• I used Holiday Chocolate Chips to make these a little festive
• Cream butter, egg, brown sugar and vanilla until creamy
• Add Bisquick and combine well
• Add your chocolate chips and your nuts if you are using them and mix well
• Drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet and flatten slightly
• Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Yummy in the tummy!