I love Pecan Pie and look forward to this time of year because it just seems to go together! I have been craving it for at least a week or two and decided instead of making an actual pie I'd give a Pecan Pie Bar recipe a try. Boy, am I glad I tried this one out because it was scrumptious and easy and "pie". I will for sure be adding this to my go to dessert recipe list. I love how simple it is to make since the crust is just store bought sugar cookie dough and a little flour. The filling took two minutes to whip up and then I was done. The hardest part of this recipe was waiting until it came out of the oven so I could eat it!
You will need:
1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
½ c. all purpose flour
¾ c. light corn syrup
¾ c. sugar
1 tsp. Molasses
¼ tsp. salt
3 c. chopped pecans
**The original recipe called for dark corn syrup and vanilla but I only had light corn syrup on hand so I used the light corn syrup and added molasses in place of the vanilla.
• Gather your ingredients
• Mix flour and sugar cookie dough until blended
• Press the dough into a lightly greased baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes
• While the crust is baking beat the eggs until fluffy
• Add remaining ingredients except for the pecans
• Your mixture will be runny and a light brown color
• Pull the baked crust out of the oven and get ready to pour your filling over it
• Pour the liquid filling over the baked crust
• Add your chopped pecans to the mixture and spread evenly
• Bake for an additional 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely then cut into bars.