Let me just say that I love Valentine's Day! Seeing all the stores filling up with cute merchandise for the special day made me want to bake something with that day in mind. I grabbed some sprinkles in the dollar bin at Target and used Hershey's heart shaped chocolates and came up with what we have been calling Cupid Cookies. I used my favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and then added in some mini chocolate chips and lots of pink, red and white sprinkles then baked them and added a chocolate heart in the center. So cute and also so good! I also made a batch of these with just the chocolate chips and the sprinkles and they are fantastic too so you could skip the chocolate heart center if you wanted to.
I plan on making these for the teacher's and my son's classmates since they turned out so tasty and so cute. I hope you can share these Cupid Cookies with someone special!
You will need:
2 1/4 Cup Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 Cup Margarine (I Use Blue Bonnet for best results)
1/4 Cup Sugar
3/4 Brown Sugar
1 Small Package Vanilla Instant Pudding (the key to this recipe)
1 tsp Vanilla
1 Cup of Mini Chocolate Chips
Sprinkles--as many as you'd like
1 Bag of Hershey's Chocolate Hearts or any brand of chocolate hearts
Preheat over to 350 degrees
Mix flour and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
Combine softened margarine, sugars, pudding mix and vanilla. Mix well with electric mixer. Add eggs one at a time. Slowly mix in the flour mixture. Add chocolate chips and sprinkles and combine.
Roll about 1 tablespoonful of dough and bake on a Silpat mat or Parchment Paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes. As soon as the cookies come out of the oven place a chocolate heart in the center pushing down firmly so they stay in place. Move to a cooling rack until cooled.
• Gather ingredients
• I used Hershey's Chocolate Hearts but there are other brands you can use or even use a Hershey Kiss for the center
• Combine margarine, sugars, pudding mix and vanilla until combined then add eggs one at a time until mixed in
• Add flour mixture and combine well
• Add desired amount of chocolate chips and sprinkles and mix well
• I decided that after mixing up my sprinkles and chocolate chips that I wanted more sprinkles so I just continued to add them until I achieved the right "look".
• Roll dough into balls and place on a baking sheet and bake 7 to 10 minutes
• As soon as the cookies are removed from the oven you will place a chocolate heart in the center pressing firmly to hold the heart in place.
• Once the hearts are added to the center of each cookie remove the cookies to a cooling rack to let cool completely. The chocolate hearts will melt quickly because of being in the warm cookie so I moved mine to the fridge for a bit to harden up the chocolate hearts then put them in a container and they are fine at room temp once the chocolate hardens.
The Perfect Gift!